Welcome to SusanMcCulley.com where we can move, write, create and shine together.
BUDDHA CAT IS PUBLISHED! My first book, Buddha Cat: Learning Awareness, Presence and Self-Care from a Teacher who Sometimes Barfs on the Bed is a real-live published book! Thanks to all who are supporting the project with their encouragement, energy and purchases! You can be part of the adventure...read on!
The world is full of suffering. These days, we could all use more insight and delight. Especially when the world feels crazy, we need to look for wisdom in unexpected places. My goofy, ridiculous, wise cat, Phoenix, is a perfect example. She has taught me that awareness, presence, and self-care make a positive difference in both our smaller and larger world.
Since I was a girl, reading Charles Schulz's Peanuts books, I've always wanted to make a book. And now I have.
So NOW, there are TWO ways you can be part of the Buddha Cat adventure:
1) Sign up below to become a Buddha Cat Backer! Help spread the word out and help a new author generate ideas about how to do this publishing thing. Join now (and invite a friend to join!) and get free shipping for orders placed between now and September 16, plus extra discounts!
2) Order your signed copy (or copies! there are discounts for ordering 3 or more!) NOW! You can place your order for a signed copy of Buddha Cat by clicking on the SHOP button above. Just follow the SHOP link in the bar at the top of the page, and order your copy! (If online ordering isn't for you, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work out another way to order and still get all the great deals!)
You can also find the book at two independent booksellers in the Charlottesville area: Over The Moon Bookstore at 2025 Library Ave in Crozet, Virginia. It’s a beautiful store filled with great books, lovely things and chocolate. It is well worth a visit.
New Dominion Bookshop on the downtown mall at 404 E Main St in Charlottesville, Virginia. New Dominion is the oldest independent bookseller in Virginia, and carries books in fiction, non-fiction, and children’s literature, and a unique selection of architecture and landscape gardening resources...as well as Buddha Cat. Please do go in, ask for Buddha Cat by name and support local artists, local booksellers and local cats.
Thank you for supporting my art and my dream. I'm excited to spread more insight and delight with your help.
Sensation is the source. Whether in movement or stillness, connecting to sensation in the present moment is the source of physical healing and health, mental clarity and insight, and authentic creativity. I create movement experiences, essays and art to inspire you to come alive.
- Move. Move your body with focus, play, mindfulness and pleasure. I teach movement and mindfulness to people of all levels of experience and fitness.
- Write. Use your mind to see the world as only you can. I write creative non fiction intrigue, inspire and invite conversation.
- Create. You are the only you there is. The world needs you. I create art to invoke curiosity and awareness.
You are in the right place to find information about my classes and workshops, coaching and mentoring, blogs, published essays, art and current offerings. Please poke around and see what's happening.
I'm glad you're here.
Dance on. Shine on.